- The Informant! easily has more melody than do all other Steven Soderbergh films combined. Marvin Hamlisch will get many many awards. #
- Weekend agenda: maybe Godwaffle Noise, Domizil, and ICST here in San Francisco. … Last night: great Gail Wight talk down at Stanford. #
- Each generation manages to enjoy what the previous generation hated. Girl Talk's genius is enjoying so much of it simultaneously. #
- Love working on an alley, and in a city, where in the morning I can hear the cry of a tamale dealer and the rattle of her cart. Tasty, too. #
- Confirming suggestion by @boondesign that Gentleman Losers make a great soundtrack for the small office. #
- Top searches on Disquiet.com are always interesting. Today the top 5 were "dubstep," "beta cloud," "static," "moca," and "Buddha Machine." #
- Tonight: ramen. #
- Afternoon sounds: muffled conversation, printer whir, typing, creaking chairs, dishes in sink, footsteps, paper crumpling. #
- FM3/Throbbing Gristle device Gristleism is live: http://www.gristleism.com + Phillipe Starck iPhone app mix: http://radio.soundwalk.com/ #
- Input appreciated on Disquiet.com site-design upgrade. Great participation thus far going on here: http://is.gd/3zZRa #
- RIP, Art Ferrante (b. 1921), of film/TV piano duo Ferrante & Teicher: http://is.gd/3y3B1 #
5 Most Recent Comments
Pete Midipunk: "Yay!!! One a dumb ol’ drummer can do haha! Sounds fun thank you. "
needles: "Noll’s compositions and performances under all of his names are other-level. "
Carolyn Jackson: "It’s not your imagination. The outfit was Laurie Spiegel inspired! "
Neil: "Great, interesting piece. Marc, have you thought about making the concept of ‘Bracket Sound’ a..."
Tom: "This is heavenly "
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0269 / Duet Portion / Record half of a live duet. • 0268 / Walking Music / Take a stroll and describe it in sound, paying tribute to the late manga great Jiro Taniguchi. • 0267 / The Metronomic Society / Create a theme song for a fictional organization. • 0266 / Vocal Cuts / Use segments of your own held vowel to make music. • 0265 / Kitchen Music / Record a piece of music that uses items from just one drawer.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice