- "What happens when artists take control of television": 1969 broadcast w/ Nam June Paik, James Seawright, Allan Kaprow. http://is.gd/7OBBL #
- Good news for fans of Audio Palette app, a looper from Venn Diagram School of Music. Now allows user-generated samples: http://is.gd/7OulM #
- I wish "Favoritings" were clickable in @SoundCloud so you could see who else enjoys a given track, and then see what else they enjoy. #
- NYT: "symphony of violence w/ no adagio"; "hip-hop suite precisely calibrated w/…agitated cinematography" I'm seeing From Paris w/ Love #
- It might be necessary at some point to have tab-by-tab mute options in web browsers. #
- Is this new Android phone, the Devour, the first to include Bluetooth HID support? http://is.gd/7GUt3 #
- The TV show Damages doesn't have a score so much as its sonic effects punctuate transitions and undergird scenes. It's splendid. #
- Great site dedicated to late Peter Schmidt, co-creator w/ Brian Eno of Oblique Strategies, turns 3 today: peterschmidtweb.blogspot.com #
- RIP, Jane Jarvis (b. 1915), Muzak programmer & background-music player of stadium proportions, as New York Mets organist: http://is.gd/7nyur #
5 Most Recent Comments
G: "I had completely forgot about “cassingles” even though they still take up residence on a shelf in..."
Willaim Scot Besseme: "Well, given that the 472s were chromium (hinted at with the “high bias” mention)..."
txehbST: "This is great, thank you. "
G: "Ampex were huge in reel tapes but for cassettes most I knew were using Maxell,TDK and BASF chromes. Are those 15..."
nix31: "Thank you for the playmoss tip! "
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0253 / Doorbell Rehab / Record some welcome music. • 0252 / Sonic Palindrome / Make music that sounds the same backwards and forwards. • 0251 / Soothing Sounds for Parents / Remix some music for infants with parents in mind. • 0250 / Soothing Sounds for Junto / Make some peaceful music for an infant child. • 0249 / 80 Phases / Wish the minimalist composer Steve Reich a happy birthday.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice