- Finally seeing Source Code. #
- Ah, yeah. Exactly. Thanks RT @cinchel i usually use RIYL (recommended if you like) #
- Is there a more readily recognizable acronym than "LIYL" for something like "listen if you like" (for music recommendations by comparison)? #
- Continuously mistaking overprotected iPhone 4s for Nintendo DSs #newkindasidetalkin #
- The pile drivers are just enough blocks away to be pleasant. #
- A harp is a mass-produced prepared piano, right? #
- My ongoing Luciano Berio research (copyleft, proto-sampling) should bubble up as something published in the next week. #
- I listen to most netlabel releases I appreciate all the way through, often several times. It's no coincidence the 1st track's often the best #
- Early evening sounds: thunder-like wind, motorcycles, cars, bus, the scraping of a child against a floor that is newly accessible by crawl. # Read more »
5 Most Recent Comments
Michael Fitzgerald: "Hi Marc, really enjoyed the first Disquietude podcast, and looking forward to the next one...."
Jimmy Kipple Sound: "thanks for this Marc! for the record, & in the spirit of full spectrum domination and..."
Brenda: "This 1970 Synthesizer sounds better to me as compared to all the latest Synthesizers. "
Murray Altheim: "Sorry, I somehow missed the sentence “The finished audio should combine the original track..."
Murray Altheim: "Quick question: do you want the recording of this second half of the duet to include both parts or..."
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0273 / Alarm Clocked / Make music for a (new! improved!) slow-waking alarm clock. • 0272 / Exoplanetary Intervals / Use music to express the relationships between planets. • 0271 / Prison Sky / Mark the 5th anniversary of open-source software engineer Bassel Khartabil's detention. • 0270 / Just Duet / Record the second half of a duet live. • 0269 / Duet Portion / Record half of a live duet.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice