- Patch Cordury #noisekidbooks #
- Video of Grzegorz (@etalabel) Bojanek’s sound-generation process for Junto 15 (“RGB Interaction”): http://t.co/VlPluvXV #
- Got a Jambox. Gonna head home and listen to the new Junto entries on it. #
- The @Le_Berger interpretation of color-as-sound for Junto 15 is even more witty than I had imagined it might be: http://t.co/d1rvNRPR #
- Writing for @salvagione is a pleasure. #
- Man, @echosonic http://t.co/laUyp7lv & @mystified131 http://t.co/x67DesU7 dove deep with their color-as-sound ideas in Junto project 15. #
- Nothing about writing about what you wrote about to focus the mind. #
- Curious George Gets Pink Floyd’s Meddle #noisekidbooks #
- Goodnight Moondog #noisekidbooks #
- Harold Budd and the Purple Crayon #noisekidbooks #
- Heard something tonight one doesn’t often in San Francisco: thunder. As an East Coast kid, I was happy. My kid just went, Woah. #
- 15th weekly Disquiet Junto begins: http://t.co/XdRJsrQ9. Create 3 sounds representing RGB. Create a piece of music in which they interact. #
- 15th weekly Disquiet Junto project just went out to the email list. If you didn’t get it, lemme know. (Definitely check your spam folder.) #
- Sonic Color Theory #
- 15th weekly Disquiet Junto project going out shortly. Theme: “color theory.” #
- 19-month-old repeats everything. “Milk”? Check. “Toy”? Check. “Repeat”? Check. “Copy”? Check. “Meta”? Check. “Boogaloo”? Check. #
- Google Doc for names of child’s numerous stuffed animals. #
- Each day I learn something. Today: how to set a keyboard shortcut on a Mac to make Word go full screen. #
- To Whom It May Concern: I received your email about the album with download link and no descriptive text. Will proceed accordingly. #
- Best thing about writing for @NewMusicBox about @SoundCloud? The intended readership is musicians. http://t.co/qVHNvt56 #
- I interviewed Prong about industrial music past and present: http://t.co/p8qYYMAh Bummer: my favorite song isn’t on their hits compilation. #
- RIP, personal-computing pioneer Jack Tramiel (b. 1927), founder of Commodore, acquirer of Atari: http://t.co/nlw6hIyD #
- Back in love with my (Android) phone. Got my calendar and a little sticky-style note on the home screen; tethering works well. #
- I wish @MillsCollege would stream its noon concerts. #
- RIP, Barbara Buchholz (b. 1959), Theremin virtuoso: http://t.co/OqOPB2AL http://t.co/GEQhCdjD #
- Hey, iPad app-hounds: any recommended way to use your laptop’s keyboard (via, say, Bluetooth) to type on your iPad? #
- Tuesday noon siren in the light rain, a resounding corridor of sequential echoes. #
- Recommended listening while reading news stories about Facebook’s purchase of Instagram: http://t.co/vgxaQCya #
- Junto’s sonic-narrative project, retelling @mmaddencomics‘ 99 Ways comic in audio, has had its 21st entry http://t.co/lSzqLIp5 #
- What he said. RT @naotko あーこれは面白かった。脚本からサウンド解釈のクッションを挟んだ方が映像喚起力がすごい。@disquiet #junto14 http://t.co/anQFre9l #
- PS: You can subscribe to the monthly Disquiet email list from just about any page of the site. It’s doing well. Over 1,200 subscribers. #
- Got my copies of @JohnKannenberg‘s exhibit catalog with my foreword. Beautiful. I’ll give a copy away in the next Disquiet email newsletter. #
- The @echosonic take on @mmaddencomics‘ strip used Audiopaint to turn each panel into sound http://t.co/QAPheWnj. And it’s 99 seconds. #junto #
- I love how the waveform of @TheValiska‘s piece shows panel divisions in @mmaddencomics‘ original strip: http://t.co/5Uv84iDM #
- Another good Fringe episode. How is it suddenly good again? Lee/Olivia-prime bonding while missing Lee-prime/Olivia? Splendid. #
- First four sonic-narrative versions of @mmaddencomics‘ great 99 Ways to Tell a Story now live: http://t.co/1JOZV3wt #oulipo #
5 Most Recent Comments
G: "I had completely forgot about “cassingles” even though they still take up residence on a shelf in..."
Willaim Scot Besseme: "Well, given that the 472s were chromium (hinted at with the “high bias” mention)..."
txehbST: "This is great, thank you. "
G: "Ampex were huge in reel tapes but for cassettes most I knew were using Maxell,TDK and BASF chromes. Are those 15..."
nix31: "Thank you for the playmoss tip! "
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0253 / Doorbell Rehab / Record some welcome music. • 0252 / Sonic Palindrome / Make music that sounds the same backwards and forwards. • 0251 / Soothing Sounds for Parents / Remix some music for infants with parents in mind. • 0250 / Soothing Sounds for Junto / Make some peaceful music for an infant child. • 0249 / 80 Phases / Wish the minimalist composer Steve Reich a happy birthday.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice