- My 2.4-year-old makes museums with toys. Said today, "Everyone wants to look at the blue art." http://t.co/C51Wt3XC ->
- Man, already over 20 tracks in the 56th weekly @djunto: https://t.co/fI78AZcM. Music from the tick of a clock. ->
- Psyched about this new @MexWithGuns + @D1egoBernal cut: http://t.co/iN9hMRwQ. And I finally got to make my "Beats with the Councilman" joke. ->
- Excited for this Thursday's @djunto project. The project was proposed by Michel Banabila (@banabila). It involves human speech. ->
- RIP, jazz figure Butch Morris (b. 1947): http://t.co/z0EHttvM ->
- Today's was 1st Tuesday noon siren after re-reading Delisle's Pyongyang, which includes phrase "Municipal loudspeakers intone their litany." ->
- Hitchcock poster or lost Peter Gabriel album cover? http://t.co/XuFCyDGN ->
- Looking forward to the opening of the Silence exhibit tonight at the Berkeley Art Museum. ->
- Today's unintentional remix provided by earbud cord rubbing against jacket zipper while waking. ->
- RIP, Steven Deal, aka Stevo, of Bleached Black. Very sad. Via @audiation ->
- New semester of course I teach on sound in the media landscape starts a week from today. Very excited to meet the new students and dive in. ->
- New @djunto project today developed by Rotterdam-based Michel Banabila, who's collaborated with Czukay, Machinefabriek, Zenial, among others ->
- Silence. Massive exhibit currently at the Berkeley Art Museum. http://t.co/4WTK3ozz ->
- Please join the 57th @djunto project. Explore UCLA's Phonetics Lab Archive for its emotive content http://t.co/XdREURGZ http://t.co/spRx6AYA ->
- The 57th project is in 8 (!) languages: Afrikaans, Croatian, Dutch, English, French, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish: http://t.co/spRx6AYA ->
- Weird WordPress/markdown issue in the current @djunto instructions. Markdown is removing an underscore in text target URLs. #hassle #major ->
- Any experts in Markdown wanna remind me how to get around two underscores in a URL mistakenly triggering italics? Thanks! ->
- Markdown support. Thanks! RT @inky: @disquiet ah! escaping them like this might work: \_ (not sure if that works universally in markdown) ->
- Man, I wish I were in Rome for this: http://t.co/Vmv3ruQB. Exhibit on intersection of sound and design. ->
- RIP, Nagra creator and audio-engineering legend Stefan Kudelski (b. 1929) http://t.co/mQVuTjRa ->
5 Most Recent Comments
jdc: "Robert Fripp Live at The Kitchen was released on three vinyl LPs. I know because I bought it used in NJ in..."
Michael Fitzgerald: "Hi Marc, really enjoyed the first Disquietude podcast, and looking forward to the next one...."
Jimmy Kipple Sound: "thanks for this Marc! for the record, & in the spirit of full spectrum domination and..."
Brenda: "This 1970 Synthesizer sounds better to me as compared to all the latest Synthesizers. "
Murray Altheim: "Sorry, I somehow missed the sentence “The finished audio should combine the original track..."
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0276 / 808 Blockchain Beats / Make 808-style beats based on the blockchain. • 0275 / Revisit Something / Make a track all over again. • 0274 / Broken Sound / Record a piece of music in the genre called "broken sound." • 0273 / Alarm Clocked / Make music for a (new! improved!) slow-waking alarm clock. • 0272 / Exoplanetary Intervals / Use music to express the relationships between planets.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice