- My 2.4-year-old makes museums with toys. Said today, "Everyone wants to look at the blue art." http://t.co/C51Wt3XC ->
- Man, already over 20 tracks in the 56th weekly @djunto: https://t.co/fI78AZcM. Music from the tick of a clock. ->
- Psyched about this new @MexWithGuns + @D1egoBernal cut: http://t.co/iN9hMRwQ. And I finally got to make my "Beats with the Councilman" joke. ->
- Excited for this Thursday's @djunto project. The project was proposed by Michel Banabila (@banabila). It involves human speech. ->
- RIP, jazz figure Butch Morris (b. 1947): http://t.co/z0EHttvM ->
- Today's was 1st Tuesday noon siren after re-reading Delisle's Pyongyang, which includes phrase "Municipal loudspeakers intone their litany." ->
- Hitchcock poster or lost Peter Gabriel album cover? http://t.co/XuFCyDGN ->
- Looking forward to the opening of the Silence exhibit tonight at the Berkeley Art Museum. ->
- Today's unintentional remix provided by earbud cord rubbing against jacket zipper while waking. ->
- RIP, Steven Deal, aka Stevo, of Bleached Black. Very sad. Via @audiation ->
- New semester of course I teach on sound in the media landscape starts a week from today. Very excited to meet the new students and dive in. ->
- New @djunto project today developed by Rotterdam-based Michel Banabila, who's collaborated with Czukay, Machinefabriek, Zenial, among others ->
- Silence. Massive exhibit currently at the Berkeley Art Museum. http://t.co/4WTK3ozz ->
- Please join the 57th @djunto project. Explore UCLA's Phonetics Lab Archive for its emotive content http://t.co/XdREURGZ http://t.co/spRx6AYA ->
- The 57th project is in 8 (!) languages: Afrikaans, Croatian, Dutch, English, French, Japanese, Polish, and Turkish: http://t.co/spRx6AYA ->
- Weird WordPress/markdown issue in the current @djunto instructions. Markdown is removing an underscore in text target URLs. #hassle #major ->
- Any experts in Markdown wanna remind me how to get around two underscores in a URL mistakenly triggering italics? Thanks! ->
- Markdown support. Thanks! RT @inky: @disquiet ah! escaping them like this might work: \_ (not sure if that works universally in markdown) ->
- Man, I wish I were in Rome for this: http://t.co/Vmv3ruQB. Exhibit on intersection of sound and design. ->
- RIP, Nagra creator and audio-engineering legend Stefan Kudelski (b. 1929) http://t.co/mQVuTjRa ->
5 Most Recent Comments
nettles: "An interesting ‘rarefied’ discussion of the find is at –> https://www.academia.edu/..."
Tuonela: "Ah, great – the one time I determine to listen to all tracks, they’re averaging ten minutes!..."
Jon Phillips: "This is exciting. There will be documentation of the event during and after for everyone to see how..."
Hazel.griffiths: "Live in uk, lived in same house for over 20 years. Started with a noise in the home affecting all..."
Neurogami: "Thanks for that video. Gave me a chance to play with the video features of Reaper 5. Very helpful in..."
Current Forum Discussions
5 Most Recent Posts
• December 13, 2015: The 19th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: soundcloud.com.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. It's housed at soundcloud.com. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 10 most recent weekly projects: • 0197: Sight-read newly uncovered choral music from the 10th century. • 0196: Sight-read the whiteboard notation from a children’s music class. • 0195: Make music for a Caochangdi Village National Day party. • 0194: Record the sound of a clock and make something playful and sweet out of it. • 0193: Record a short composition for two instruments that occasionally intersect. • 0192: Record a 10-second loop to accompany an insane cat GIF. • 0191: One chord to rule them all — on several instruments. • 0190: Set two out-of-sync loops atop each other, and then add sonic glue. • 0189: Create a dense stack of attack-free tonal material from one audio source. • 0188: Take a provided track and make it more complex.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit android app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto live-performance netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance sketches of sound software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice
what sound looks like