- Comics are a gateway drug. Playing Super Crate Box because I read about it in a Jeff LeVine comic. ->
- Yeah, I'll definitely be doing so. MT @Le_Berger: @disquiet Will you participate in this particular Junto? Would seem beffiting somehow. ->
- So glad you made time. RT @ethanhein: New @djunto track: my audiobiography. http://t.co/LOatfBvobW ->
- IRCAM should start a nightclub called IRCPM. ->
- This made my morning, to be sure: RT @iIRCAM: @soundblog @disquiet :) ->
- The single piece of computer equipment I have used the longest is the $99 CanoScan LiDE 600F scanner I bought in 2002. ->
- Man, this past week's Person of Interest was something. I'm much more interested in parallel narratives than musical episodes. ->
- Almost 40 musicians talk about themselves and their work: https://t.co/nmTVAhqFRo The 60th @djunto project. ->
- Somehow it took 60 weeks, but I just posted my first track to the @djunto group: https://t.co/KCYrcHCJ6J ->
- And you look up and an hour has gone by during which you have just been playing with nominally 5/4 beat patterns in DM1. ->
- "the super-swively neck further enhances the power to sample the ambient soundscape" — Owl science at http://t.co/iFxgbnAjWj ->
- Giving a guest talk this afternoon, on sound, to a class on writing for radio at the Academy of Art here in S.F. ->
- Movie commentary tracks ripped to MP3 are my new jam. ->
- Had foresight to set out my digital audio recorder four minutes in advance of the Tuesday noon siren in San Francisco. Uploading audio now. ->
- lowercase numerals #ambientypography ->
- em-elipsis #ambientypography ->
- exhalation point #ambientypography ->
- en-elipsis #ambientypography ->
- air quote #ambientypography ->
- demicolon #ambientypgraphy ->
- Recording I made of the Tuesday noon siren in San Francisco: https://t.co/HUjYU68FHl ->
- Nice. RT @taylordeupree: @disquiet implication-mark #ambientypography ->
- After 3 weeks of deep-listening bootcamp, today in my course on sound in media landscape we begin with roots of music + commerce: the jingle ->
- Definitely. When we get to product design. MT @matr77: @disquiet you doing a bit about Brian Eno's Windows 95 sound? http://t.co/QagxI5bRv4 ->
- Dance remix of the San Francisco Tuesday siren I posted earlier: https://t.co/x26eOT231M. Thanks, @rawore! ->
- This week's @djunto project will be based on @textinstagram. ->
- textinstagr/am/bient ->
- This week's @djunto is pretty straightforward but ended up with about 8 steps. It goes live shortly. Shortly means "after I eat lunch." ->
- Okey doke, if you're on @AppDotNet, I'm now @disquiet over there, too. (Thanks, @qdot.) ->
- In @djunto 61 we'll interpret random @textinstagram tweets as covers of singles: http://t.co/WFrQLliKhX + http://t.co/XjWrMj8rJr ->
- Watching Zero Hour, but mostly looking forward to the @io9 post-mortem. ->
- "For an auditory neuroscientist … reviewing this book was not unlike an arachnophobe reviewing a book about breeding spiders." ->
- Previous tweet is @SethSHorowitz on @katherinebouton's new book on hearing loss: http://t.co/5Px0UrMbKi ->
- The pointy hill was, for moments, visible through the thick mist that accompanied the transition from February to March, a sneak peak. #test ->
- Obama's comment was a trial-balloon critique of JJ Abrams' unwieldy galactic power in advance of sci-fi franchise regulation. ->
- Portable foghorn: http://t.co/qHQssBSLV8 ->
- Instructions for portable foghorn: http://t.co/zyBjewRplo ->
- There are 5.4+ million search returns on Google for "Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with." ->
5 Most Recent Comments
nettles: "An interesting ‘rarefied’ discussion of the find is at –> https://www.academia.edu/..."
Tuonela: "Ah, great – the one time I determine to listen to all tracks, they’re averaging ten minutes!..."
Jon Phillips: "This is exciting. There will be documentation of the event during and after for everyone to see how..."
Hazel.griffiths: "Live in uk, lived in same house for over 20 years. Started with a noise in the home affecting all..."
Neurogami: "Thanks for that video. Gave me a chance to play with the video features of Reaper 5. Very helpful in..."
Current Forum Discussions
5 Most Recent Posts
• December 13, 2015: The 19th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: soundcloud.com.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. It's housed at soundcloud.com. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 10 most recent weekly projects: • 0197: Sight-read newly uncovered choral music from the 10th century. • 0196: Sight-read the whiteboard notation from a children’s music class. • 0195: Make music for a Caochangdi Village National Day party. • 0194: Record the sound of a clock and make something playful and sweet out of it. • 0193: Record a short composition for two instruments that occasionally intersect. • 0192: Record a 10-second loop to accompany an insane cat GIF. • 0191: One chord to rule them all — on several instruments. • 0190: Set two out-of-sync loops atop each other, and then add sonic glue. • 0189: Create a dense stack of attack-free tonal material from one audio source. • 0188: Take a provided track and make it more complex.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit android app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto live-performance netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance sketches of sound software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice
what sound looks like