- Comics are a gateway drug. Playing Super Crate Box because I read about it in a Jeff LeVine comic. ->
- Yeah, I'll definitely be doing so. MT @Le_Berger: @disquiet Will you participate in this particular Junto? Would seem beffiting somehow. ->
- So glad you made time. RT @ethanhein: New @djunto track: my audiobiography. http://t.co/LOatfBvobW ->
- IRCAM should start a nightclub called IRCPM. ->
- This made my morning, to be sure: RT @iIRCAM: @soundblog @disquiet :) ->
- The single piece of computer equipment I have used the longest is the $99 CanoScan LiDE 600F scanner I bought in 2002. ->
- Man, this past week's Person of Interest was something. I'm much more interested in parallel narratives than musical episodes. ->
- Almost 40 musicians talk about themselves and their work: https://t.co/nmTVAhqFRo The 60th @djunto project. ->
- Somehow it took 60 weeks, but I just posted my first track to the @djunto group: https://t.co/KCYrcHCJ6J ->
- And you look up and an hour has gone by during which you have just been playing with nominally 5/4 beat patterns in DM1. ->
- "the super-swively neck further enhances the power to sample the ambient soundscape" — Owl science at http://t.co/iFxgbnAjWj ->
- Giving a guest talk this afternoon, on sound, to a class on writing for radio at the Academy of Art here in S.F. ->
- Movie commentary tracks ripped to MP3 are my new jam. ->
- Had foresight to set out my digital audio recorder four minutes in advance of the Tuesday noon siren in San Francisco. Uploading audio now. ->
- lowercase numerals #ambientypography ->
- em-elipsis #ambientypography ->
- exhalation point #ambientypography ->
- en-elipsis #ambientypography ->
- air quote #ambientypography ->
- demicolon #ambientypgraphy ->
- Recording I made of the Tuesday noon siren in San Francisco: https://t.co/HUjYU68FHl ->
- Nice. RT @taylordeupree: @disquiet implication-mark #ambientypography ->
- After 3 weeks of deep-listening bootcamp, today in my course on sound in media landscape we begin with roots of music + commerce: the jingle ->
- Definitely. When we get to product design. MT @matr77: @disquiet you doing a bit about Brian Eno's Windows 95 sound? http://t.co/QagxI5bRv4 ->
- Dance remix of the San Francisco Tuesday siren I posted earlier: https://t.co/x26eOT231M. Thanks, @rawore! ->
- This week's @djunto project will be based on @textinstagram. ->
- textinstagr/am/bient ->
- This week's @djunto is pretty straightforward but ended up with about 8 steps. It goes live shortly. Shortly means "after I eat lunch." ->
- Okey doke, if you're on @AppDotNet, I'm now @disquiet over there, too. (Thanks, @qdot.) ->
- In @djunto 61 we'll interpret random @textinstagram tweets as covers of singles: http://t.co/WFrQLliKhX + http://t.co/XjWrMj8rJr ->
- Watching Zero Hour, but mostly looking forward to the @io9 post-mortem. ->
- "For an auditory neuroscientist … reviewing this book was not unlike an arachnophobe reviewing a book about breeding spiders." ->
- Previous tweet is @SethSHorowitz on @katherinebouton's new book on hearing loss: http://t.co/5Px0UrMbKi ->
- The pointy hill was, for moments, visible through the thick mist that accompanied the transition from February to March, a sneak peak. #test ->
- Obama's comment was a trial-balloon critique of JJ Abrams' unwieldy galactic power in advance of sci-fi franchise regulation. ->
- Portable foghorn: http://t.co/qHQssBSLV8 ->
- Instructions for portable foghorn: http://t.co/zyBjewRplo ->
- There are 5.4+ million search returns on Google for "Hello would you mind letting me know which web host you're working with." ->
5 Most Recent Comments
Marc: "take a look at the intellijel Dixie. Super nice sine wave, can be an LFO and is really compact. "
Larry Johnson: "Love these mini-creations. Did a remix here: https://soundcloud.com/l-a-..."
Larry Johnson: "Just this Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=05quVI7Ioqc (Quote: An alternate version of..."
Éric Legendre: "Also interesting [aside from the nice groove] to see that the piece comes with cover art & is..."
Larry Johnson: "Marc: Sent you an email with the remix attached (I think it’s the correct one). "
Current Forum Discussions
5 Most Recent Posts
• January 28, 2015: First spring-semester class meeting of the 15-week course that I teach on the role of sound in the media landscape at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I'm only teaching it one semester this year, just to make time for other activities.
• February 13, 2015: Speaking engagement in San Francisco. Details to follow.
• February 13, 2015: First anniversary of the release of my book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
• February 19, 2015: This is the "closing" event for the exhibit Momentum at the San Jose Museum of Art, featuring my three-screen, 21-track installation "Sonic Frame." The evening is part of the museum's ArtRage evening series, and runs from 7pm to 10pm. I'll likely be giving a little talk as part of it. Details TK.
• February 22, 2015: Final day of the exhibit Momentum at the San Jose Museum of Art, featuring my three-screen, 21-track installation "Sonic Frame."
• May 13, 2015: Last spring-semester class meeting of the 15-week course that I teach on the role of sound in the media landscape at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I'll next teach it in spring 2016.
• December 13, 2015: The 19th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: soundcloud.com.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. It's housed at soundcloud.com. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 10 most recent weekly projects: • 0160: Make a one-minute field recording starting right at midnight (wherever you are). • 0159: See what music the steps of a favorite recipe yield. • 0158: Go from noise to signal with words. • 0157: Record the sound of ice in a glass and make something of it. • 0156: Create a sonic diary of the past year with a dozen five-second segments. • 0155: Take a track and its remix and meld them into something new. • 0154: Create a track from two locked grooves • 0153: Record a short sound intended to be set on repeat. • 0152: Record your own cover version of the "song" sung/emitted by the comet Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. • 0151: Score a segment of George A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead using the movie's audio as source material. ... And there is a complete list of projects here.
Tags8-bit android app audio-games chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto linkblog live-performance mp3 discussion group netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance sketches of sound software sound-art sounds-of-brands turntablism TV video video-games voice