- This is when I remember that the gen 1 Kindle Fire lacked Bluetooth so while putting Android 4.2.2 was neat it can't connect with a keyboard ->
- RIP, Yes guitarist Peter Banks (b. 1947). His work on Beatles cover "Every Little Thing" was an early fave of mine http://t.co/m6VtTKAdYj ->
- This week's @djunto project will involve Gregorian chant and the sounds inherent in architectural spaces. ->
- Tuesday noon siren heard against loud street repaving. Municipal anxiety meets municipal mundanity: https://t.co/HUjYU68FHl ->
- My whole house is reverberating like the inside of a harpsichord as outside massive machines pave our street. ->
- The foghorns are randy tonight. ->
- "It was also the first time that 'Misery' was added to a set that did not include a full performance of The Black Album." #metallicadata ->
- Today in sound class: the retail space as aural space: Ray Oldenburg, commodifying/porting the third place, playlists versus jingles. ->
- There are plenty of alternatives but I am sad about the end of Google Reader. Anticipating phantom pain. http://t.co/j4288PnMH5 ->
- What's the app.net of Reader? ->
- So far in my post–Google Reader search, @feedly looks nifty, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to sort feeds alphabetically. ->
- "The thought of refurbished earbuds may be a little off-putting." Sentence of the day, from @cheapskateblog: http://t.co/0zWZbPzBLD ->
- Morning stream: James Blake working with Brian Eno on the downtempo, maudlin "Digital Lion": https://t.co/oYJh8zI9XM ->
- So @feedly allows for alphabetical order of feed groupings. You need to do it manually in Organize. In the lead for my post-Reader life. ->
- Ooh, better yet, you can just move the folders up and down in the left bar in @feedly. This is in the browser service, not the mobile app. ->
- Yeah, I have de-@flipboard'd the options, too. MT @lownote: @disquiet Taking @feedly for a run. Turned off most of fancy bells/whistles. ->
- Been watching Dollhouse. At first it seemed egregiously Skinemaxy, but man does it kick in. Whedon had a serious long view on that series. ->
- I guest blogged on @SoundCloud about the ongoing audiobio(graphy) project: https://t.co/KTIQTopQFw. I highly encourage people to record one. ->
- The 63rd @djunto project will involve Gregorian Chant. It goes live in a few hours. #whitesmoke #echo #architecture ->
- This is my occasional "Is anyone I correspond with here also on http://t.co/pobd7CBqdg?" mention. I'm @disquiet over there, too. ->
- Google: keep Google Reader running. Sign the petition here: https://t.co/M6yK9Bv4Mu via @change ->
- Veronica Mars strikes me as a Google Reader user. Just sayin'. ->
- This is me being anxious that short-sighted product managers will see Reader's demise as a cue to ankle RSS: http://t.co/TNyYbGbU68. ->
- 63rd @djunto project involves rerecording Gregorian chant to explore echo and architecture: http://t.co/Q3lciIzPCN + https://t.co/dyolJ29o1L ->
- #gregorianorianian #echo #reverb #looping #reflection #architecture #djunto ->
- Adding echo-related effects to echo-laden Gregorian chant: https://t.co/BNTZNeWMky. The first in this week's @djunto is by Rizzi (Denmark). ->
- Thing I'd like to turn off in @feedly app is the "cover" treatment in a feed's list view. False prominence, even when pretty, isn't good UX. ->
- If you have access to the British Google Play store, could you shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org? I'd like to check something. Thanks. ->
- Silly fun monitor test: Macbook Air running external 23", 7" tablet + 4.7" phone (Android) via iDisplay, iPad via AirDisplay. Back to work. ->
- The folks who bought @delicious should buy @googlereader and amp up the whole social bookmarking thing. ->
- "Twitter/ADN replaces RSS" is the new "Facebook killed email." And, no, I don't believe either. ->
- That thing where you take a screenshot of your phone, then touch the screenshot and don't understand why the controls aren't responding. ->
- Your diet's rich in science fiction if you come upon the term "post-colonial" and start thinking about Kim Stanley Robinson and Ray Bradbury ->
- Yo all you "Twitter beats RSS" people: tell me how to use Twitter (w/o RSS) to search for the word "sound" in full posts from 100 art blogs. ->
- Judging by the exuberant screaming in the neighborhood, I assume spring break just began. ->
- This nine-stage reduction of Gregorian chant to mere overtones is stunning in its elegance: https://t.co/2awIBHK3I8 ->
- This track was an inspiration for the 63rd @djunto. RT @inky: "Jo Burzynska plays a space back into itself" http://t.co/RjXo231Q3g ->
- Say what you will about Microsoft Silverlight — it can go full screen in OS X without turning the other screens blank, unlike native apps. ->
5 Most Recent Comments
nettles: "An interesting ‘rarefied’ discussion of the find is at –> https://www.academia.edu/..."
Tuonela: "Ah, great – the one time I determine to listen to all tracks, they’re averaging ten minutes!..."
Jon Phillips: "This is exciting. There will be documentation of the event during and after for everyone to see how..."
Hazel.griffiths: "Live in uk, lived in same house for over 20 years. Started with a noise in the home affecting all..."
Neurogami: "Thanks for that video. Gave me a chance to play with the video features of Reaper 5. Very helpful in..."
Current Forum Discussions
5 Most Recent Posts
• December 13, 2015: The 19th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: soundcloud.com.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. It's housed at soundcloud.com. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 10 most recent weekly projects: • 0197: Sight-read newly uncovered choral music from the 10th century. • 0196: Sight-read the whiteboard notation from a children’s music class. • 0195: Make music for a Caochangdi Village National Day party. • 0194: Record the sound of a clock and make something playful and sweet out of it. • 0193: Record a short composition for two instruments that occasionally intersect. • 0192: Record a 10-second loop to accompany an insane cat GIF. • 0191: One chord to rule them all — on several instruments. • 0190: Set two out-of-sync loops atop each other, and then add sonic glue. • 0189: Create a dense stack of attack-free tonal material from one audio source. • 0188: Take a provided track and make it more complex.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit android app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto live-performance netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance sketches of sound software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice
what sound looks like