- Today’s work powered by CTRL ; (in Google Docs) and OPT CMD H (in OS X). ->
- Makes me so happy. RT @colab_toronto: the latest @djunto project has made me more excited about making music than I've been in a long time. ->
- I keep my eye on @indabamusic remix contests. The website's favicon always makes me think Twitter's favicon exploded: http://t.co/ksChNh3c8S ->
- So, with Android 4.3 due for likely announcement next week, when are folks guessing it’ll be released? ->
- Latest version of Android app Draft (@mttvll) is great. This and Keep are the apps I write in on my tablet and phone: http://t.co/H3FrUusjxJ ->
- Fog horns are out in force. If these were the sounds of actual animals, the beasts would be majestic. ->
- Fog horns pulled an all-nighter. ->
- Stock up. RT @wifsten: Audio supplies you didn’t know you needed http://t.co/APVzz79BWS ->
- 10 musicians score a trailer for a documentary film about competitive blind sailing: http://t.co/vFAdoMZoDd. And there are more to come. ->
- I like to think there isn't any score in the show Elementary. All the characters simply listens to the same music that I do. ->
- So, Google Drive still doesn't allow offline editing for spreadsheets? Any ETA on when this situation will improve? ->
- Today’s productivity powered by CTRL U. ->
- .@subgirl Yeah, that mode is good. For me it's the score as much as anything: ominous tone texture that could just be playing on my stereo. in reply to subgirl ->
- The term “freetard” really lays the foundation for a constructive discussion, doesn’t it? ->
- Longer battery life will/would be nice, but in terms of laptop design I’d be happy with lighter power cord. ->
- On the Internet no one knows you're a dog. Moderate a communal music group only to figure out a member is one of your favorite musicians. ->
- Almost 20 musicians score the trailer for documentary on competitive blind sailing: http://t.co/ASNGWbblMV. Six hours to go to participate. ->
- 27 Zip drives dating back to 2001. Data transfer complete. Not one error. ->
- "The haunting melody of 'Laura’s Waltz' had to be one of the finest compositions ever written for the 6581 SID chip." Austin Grossman's You ->
- Tuesday noon alert puts up valiant struggle against the droning refrigeration units at café. ->
- Anyone Norwegian out there able to tell me how to pronounce the musician/artist Tore Honoré Bøe's name? ->
- Beautiful vinyl set of Junto work by Grzegorz Bojanek on @etalabel: http://t.co/YwDJymCd8V #yellow #wayyellow ->
- Pondering if I can (tech-wise) survive a 7-day domestic trip with just Nexus 7, Bluetooth keyboard, and cellphone. ->
- Tomorrow's the last day of sound class for the semester: week 15. Thanks to @mlaffs, who'll talk with us about music PR. ->
- Finished reading Austin Grossman's You. Wondering what novel to read next. ->
- Thanks for joining us. MT @mlaffs: Feeling fancy when I got introduced as "the guest speaker" to @disquiet's class http://t.co/QhA6P0oZBf ->
- Final day of 15-week sound class that I teach happens to coincide with Brian Eno's birthday. #conspiracy ->
- Many student projects in the final class: film music, the Chinese dizi, heaphones, band promotions, shifts in music in past three decades. ->
- Sometimes my MacBook Air boots with the screen at 800 x 600. It’s like a Mac Classic emulator. #featurenotabug ->
- Following Google I/O but flummoxed by overwhelming predominance of newsless link-bait posts. It's like news spam. ->
- This week's Disquiet Junto project will be about residential music. It will require a brief field recording to be made. ->
- My old butterfly keyboard ThinkPad. http://t.co/MiccSiL0l5 ->
- Grok. Detail from side of Robert Heinlein paperback box set. http://t.co/1ZkwZJKTBN ->
- 72nd Disquiet Junto project going live later this evening. ->
- Making relaxing music from domestic alarms. The 72nd weekly @djunto project is now live: http://t.co/79Rnj3gVbj http://t.co/XjWrMj8rJr ->
- Fiddling in Codecademy a week before my 25th college reunion, just to get me back in the freshman-year frame of mind. ->
- So happy to have contributed. MT @SenseTheWind: New teaser coming soon thanks to a collaboration w/ @djunto: http://t.co/knEfUFSDuz ->
5 Most Recent Comments
Marc Arsenault: "Have you ever played a music box over a guitar pickup? Do it. "
reis: "Thanks Super enjoyed this atmospheric masterwork. Love your review …it gains mass detail as it moves..."
Markian Volkov: "That’s what I was wondering. Now how can I promote my music on soundcloud without groups?..."
Monsterovich: "https://soundcloud.com/losttal entgroup Join us if you want normal groups back. "
spacebox720: "Hi, I’m spacebox720 and i stumbled over your article. I really enjoyed and would like to say..."
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0247 / Waltz, Maybe / Interpret as a graphic score an illustration drawn upon waking by Lark Pien. • 0246 / Double, Quadruple, Sextuple / Compose a piece of music that increases speed in stages as it proceeds. • 0245 / Practical Music / Write a piece of music for getting things done, suitable for playing on repeat. • 0244 / Euro Mixin / The Assignment: Combine tracks from three different European netlabels (Portugal, Spain, Switzerland) into one sonic union. • 0243 / Synth Trial / The Assignment: Share the best track from your audition tape for Blade Runner 2.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice