- Fernando Pessoa died this day in 1935. Did every heteronym get an obituary? ->
- In honor of 78th anniversary of Pessoa's death, experiments with color-coded alternate translations I did years back: http://t.co/36DxzRLT2Y ->
- Playgrounds that accustom kids to playing with sound. http://t.co/wZGcfwV9jk ->
- The upgrade from iPad 2 to iPad Mini 2 is not insignificant. #samplr #rjdj #reactable #air #bloom #bmachine ->
- The term "Cyber Monday" sounds like the sales are for 28.8k modems, flight-simulation CD-ROMs, and AOL membership. ->
- iPad Mini Air 2 with Retina 4K Project Red S C ->
- There's a lot of beauty in iOS music interfaces, and even by that high standard, Samplr's loveliness continues to impress. ->
- This, by the way, is the iOS app @Samplr that I mentioned earlier: https://t.co/zxHhc8MIXm. More here: http://t.co/5ZlrfWZus0. Cc @vuzhmusic in reply to vuzhmusic ->
- 28 musicians so far in the 100th weekly Disquiet Junto: making music from the sound of water boiling: http://t.co/TUvzNUMOHl ->
- iOS and Android are great. My daily ("productivity") emphasis on Android rests on 3 simple things: widgets, notification light, file system. ->
- Took one for the cause. MT @ioflow: boiled my mic tonight. now to see if i can get any worthwhile audio for the current @djunto project. ->
- #protip: RT @ioflow: note to self: use a real hydrophone for water-based @djunto projects. and buy new mic. ->
- Safe to say joining up with @gizmodo increases listenership for @djunto projects. One Xbox track has over 5,000: http://t.co/BRwEQeEmHY ->
- My kingdom for a lighter, more compact laptop power cord. ->
- Tuesday noon siren in San Francisco: http://t.co/FrVmKgO1Mx ->
- Tuesday burger at Rosamunde. Somehow totally didn't hear the noon siren today. #415 ->
- RIP, Junior Murvin, 64, whose "Police and Thieves," produced by Lee Scratch Perry, was covered on the first Clash album. ->
- Music to listen to music to proof copy to. ->
- Lowering the volume on the Pete Rock I'm listening to so it'll meld with the Miles Davis playing on this cafe's stereo system. ->
- Another day, another article posted for free on open-source blog software about problem of posting music for free using Creative Commons. ->
- Today in sound class, the 13th of 15 weeks: online communities, digital music retail, mapping cultural connections. ->
- 15,625: Number of listens thus far on SoundCloud to the 99th weekly Disquiet Junto project, nearly 1,000 per track: https://t.co/YKbk0gF4u0 ->
- Yo, Hive Mind: Places in San Francisco to get simple (brand-less, pocket-less) felt sleeve for iPad Mini? ->
- Read article this week with 13 tips on not misusing @SoundCloud account. Now can't find it. Anyone recall? Advised against works-in-progress ->
- A soundwalk is a docent tour of a museum called daily reality. ->
- Trancing out to how out of sync are the several dozen TVs in this electronics store. ->
- "Sometimes I think of you as Mom and other times just as this interesting person who lives in our house." The Good Wife is really something. ->
- Background music while working: playing vinyl surface noise in granular Borderlands app (few voices, long duration). It's like a fireplace. ->
- Today will be the 101st weekly @djunto project. Expect binary. ->
- #analog #binary The 101st weekly @djunto project begins. Four days to make phase-shift music http://t.co/SXDDv6k2hJ + http://t.co/j3kkfdGpfz ->
- RIP, noise musician Aube (Akifumi Nakajima, 中嶋昭文), born 1959. ->
- Twitter kept removing the Japanese characters from my Aube tweet and moving the parenthetical to the front. But now it looks fine. #weird ->
- Assumes all avatars with numbers in theirs names are spambots — unless those numbers correlate with antiquated drum machines. ->
5 Most Recent Comments
Marc Arsenault: "Have you ever played a music box over a guitar pickup? Do it. "
reis: "Thanks Super enjoyed this atmospheric masterwork. Love your review …it gains mass detail as it moves..."
Markian Volkov: "That’s what I was wondering. Now how can I promote my music on soundcloud without groups?..."
Monsterovich: "https://soundcloud.com/losttal entgroup Join us if you want normal groups back. "
spacebox720: "Hi, I’m spacebox720 and i stumbled over your article. I really enjoyed and would like to say..."
5 Most Recent Posts
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0247 / Waltz, Maybe / Interpret as a graphic score an illustration drawn upon waking by Lark Pien. • 0246 / Double, Quadruple, Sextuple / Compose a piece of music that increases speed in stages as it proceeds. • 0245 / Practical Music / Write a piece of music for getting things done, suitable for playing on repeat. • 0244 / Euro Mixin / The Assignment: Combine tracks from three different European netlabels (Portugal, Spain, Switzerland) into one sonic union. • 0243 / Synth Trial / The Assignment: Share the best track from your audition tape for Blade Runner 2.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice