As the Internet expands, links pages such as this one can become less useful, but here nonetheless are resources related to the subject at hand. Sites that I visit on a fairly regular basis are followed by an asterisk. They’re all categorized as follows: acts (musicians, bands, sound artists), blogs/webzines, discussion groups (email and web-based), event listings, galleries (with some history of focusing on sound art), labels, museums (with some history of focusing on sound art), netlabels, the IMDB entries for film-music composers with a penchant for underscoring (that’s the Internet Movie Database), record retailers, and friends (the latter meaning some folks who have no substantial relationship to Disquiet.com’s coverage). Recommendations are always appreciated. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20 MOST RECENT LINKS:
ACTS (Musicians, Groups, Sound Artists):
BLOGS & WEBZINES
(minus sites in other categories):
ART GALLERIES (Sound Art):
MUSEUMS (Sound Art):
FILM SCORE COMPOSERS
IMDB entries for those with a penchant for underscoring
• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project.
• November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com).
• December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come.
• December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com.
• January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto.
• Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto.
• My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.