First Stroll

With new camera

First stroll with my new camera, first non-phone camera in 15 years, first good camera since I was a teenager

More (and in considerably higher resolution) at flickr.com, in the “disquietpxl” account.

1. Tim Walters
    [ Posted July 3, 2021, at 8:32 am ]

Took one look and thought “Fuji X100V,” and sure enough… Welcome to the club!

• Marc Weidenbaum
      [ Posted July 3, 2021, at 3:32 pm ]

Amazing. How were you able to tell? And thanks!

• Tim Walters
        [ Posted July 3, 2021, at 5:07 pm ]

I got mine a month or so ago, and have been using it daily, so (a) it’s front-of-mind and (b) the field of view and color rendition options are becoming familiar (I would guess, with limited confidence, that you’re using the ETERNA simulation).

Of course, there’s confirmation bias, since I would have stayed quiet if I’d guessed wrong… anyway, it’s a really fun camera, perfect for making the most of everyday photography.

2. Anton
    [ Posted July 3, 2021, at 11:52 am ]

I’d love to read your review of the camera after a couple of months. This has been in and out of my shopping cart once a month for about 4 months now, and I just can’t decide if I’m ready to pull the trigger on a camera purchase.

• Marc Weidenbaum
      [ Posted July 3, 2021, at 3:34 pm ]

Same here. Took me quite awhile to decide. It came down to the X100V or the X-T30. I decided I wanted to hold off on interchangeable lenses for the time being.

3. Marc Weidenbaum
    [ Posted July 3, 2021, at 5:25 pm ]

That is impressive, Tim. Hope you’re enjoying yours. Right now I’m using whatever are the default settings. Aside from occasional zooming in, I’m starting off at brass tacks. This is day two. Much learning ahead.