- Hoping the new iAnnotate PDF app upgrade fixes my Dropbox issues — except the iTunes store is down. #
- Kudos to @delicious for getting rid of "stacks." Tags are sufficient. #
- Broke another pair of earbuds. I need a sponsor. #
- If you could wear out MP3s, some tracks on this Quakers Instrumentals album would've been reduced to .ds files by now. #
- Likelihood that the person who committed the horrible crime in Denver was insane & so many people saying horrible things now are sane. #
- New track from Lee Scratch Perry's team-up with the Orb: http://t.co/LzIPX3Ud. Truly no disrespect, but I eagerly await the instrumentals. #
- Beginning to confuse press releases about 7" singles and 7" tablets. #
- Disquiet Junto project 29, inspired by @greatdismal's Count Zero, now live. Instructions went to email list and are at http://t.co/XdREURGZ. #
- Gotta say, customer service at @ninjatunehq is top notch. #
- Major congrats. Can't wait to dive in. RT @dizzybanjo: We did it! It's out!! The Dark Knight Rises Z+ App http://t.co/9xKDbUFZ #rise #rjdj #
- Just got a correction. August 7 is the due date for @primusluta's excellent alien-signal call for submissions: http://t.co/VINKX82A #
- Cool project. MT @primusluta: UPDATE: Open Call for Compositions "The Alien" – submissions close on August 17, 2012 – http://t.co/VINKX82A #
- SoundHound routinely drops the ball at the taco truck. #
- My interview in the 7/19 Nature issue about Alphas includes info on infrasound-themed episode: http://t.co/OcWbT36w #syfy #
- New issue (7/19) of Nature has my interview with Alphas showrunner Bruce Miller on science of superheroes: http://t.co/l2znb016 #firewall #
- 29th weekly Disquiet Junto music project begins in about 30 hours. The theme is from the William Gibson (aka @greatdismal) novel Count Zero. #
- Rules for Disquiet Junto project 29, inspired by a William Gibson comment, are with the translators. Get in touch if you wanna translate. #
- The next weekly Disquiet Junto project, the 29th, will focus on a sonic observation by @greatdismal (aka William Gibson). #
- Kickstart that salvage pronto. RT @aljavieera: Salvaged tsunami horns, for sale at Ohmega. CC @soundscrapers @disquiet http://t.co/wWXPnZj1 #
- RIP, Brazilian musician Ed Lincoln (b. 1932), early bossa nova and easy listening figure: http://t.co/fFWcVWjY #
- Weather bug (@DETXL). MT @drab_makyo: Dig sound of tires on wet pavement when haven't looked outside to know it's rain. Ditto crunch of snow #
- July 25: Rumored date of new OS X arrival and, more importantly, date my favorite local dim sum place re-opens after two-week vacation. #
- Near-simultaneous arrival of new No Doubt single and Orb/Perry teamup highlight the admirably wide reverberations that dub set forth. #
- RIP, Turkish composer and producer Ä°lhan MimaroÄŸlu (b.1926). via @pheezy #
- Entirely my (dis)pleasure. RT: @misterunderwood: @disquiet Your RIPs are always the best / worst :( #
- RIP, experimental filmmaker Stephen Dwoskin (b. 1939); collaborated with composer Gavin Bryars on several works (via http://t.co/kzzqMQj8) #
- Almost 30 tracks so far in this week's netlabel-remix Creative Commons project in the Disquiet Junto: http://t.co/EyVxz803 #
- Finished Redshirts by @scalzi. So good. Yes, Cabin in the Woods in Space. Also: The City on the Edge of Forever remixed by Auster & Coover. #
- Due to a series of events, my 22-month-old now thinks the appropriate way to order dim sum is to say, "More bun, hon." #
5 Most Recent Comments
Bob Perdue: "Delightful. I was Hal Alles’ officemate briefly at Bell Labs (Murray Hill, NJ) when he hired into..."
Ricardo Talaia: "Hi Marc, Very interesting podcast and selection… And great timeline comments about each..."
jdc: "Robert Fripp Live at The Kitchen was released on three vinyl LPs. I know because I bought it used in NJ in..."
Michael Fitzgerald: "Hi Marc, really enjoyed the first Disquietude podcast, and looking forward to the next one...."
Jimmy Kipple Sound: "thanks for this Marc! for the record, & in the spirit of full spectrum domination and..."
5 Most Recent Posts
Current Activities• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project. • November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com). • December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come. • December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com. • January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto. • Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto. • My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0281 / Pattern Interruption / Create a pattern, loop it, and intersperse alterations. • 0280 / 20170514 / Celebrate the 70th birthday of a Junto member. • 0279 / Word Interiorities / Dissect the sonic properties of a single spoken word. • 0278 / MacConnel’s Jingle / Interpret a work of contemporary art as a graphically notated score. • 0277 / Chew Concrète / Make music inspired by C. Reider's Chew Cinders album procedures.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice