- Nothing says “punk rock” like a $22 bottle of wine. http://t.co/m0rA1p8e #
- Instagr/am/bient ended my dislike of Instagram. Instagram has apparently ended my dislike of symmetry: http://t.co/YHJS3hJc #
- Exterior speaker at Listening Gallery on Lincoln Road in Miami Beach. http://t.co/F9Iq2Nr6 #
- “Song For Sleep”by J Butler is my new jam. â™« http://t.co/05QxO3RO #
- Disquiet Junto project 11 has been posted at http://t.co/XdRJsrQ9. This week: record an everyday mechanical rhythm and make something of it. #
- I look at Comcast’s DVR remote and think, The person who designed this went home to his/her wife/husband/cat and said, “I really nailed it.” #
- Glad to be of assistance. RT @dianakimball: @disquiet I just played “junto” in a game of Scrabble vs. @sferik. A word I know thanks to you! #
- Having worked in manga for a half decade, I’m pleased to that this week’s Junto assignment will include a Japanese translation (by @naotko). #
- RT @naotko: #soundcloud @disquiet ã‚°ãƒ«ãƒ¼ãƒ—ã®é€±ä»£ã‚ã‚Šã®ãŠé¡Œã‚’æ—¥æœ¬èªžã«ç¿»è¨³ã—ã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚ã‚µã‚¦ãƒ³ãƒ‰ãƒ‡ã‚¶ã‚¤ãƒ³ã«èˆˆå‘³ã®ã‚ã‚‹æ–¹ã¯ãµã‚‹ã£ã¦ã”å‚åŠ ãã ã•ã„ã€‚æ—¥æœ¬èªžã§ã®è³ªå•ã€ãŠå•ã„åˆã‚ã›ã¯ã¤ãªãŽã¾ã™ã®ã§ãŠæ°—è»½ã«ãƒªãƒ—ãƒ©ã‚¤ãã ã•ã„ã€‚ #junto11th#
- Artifact. #software http://t.co/tCaSdy85 #
- The http://t.co/JGWMqeHB podcast about Disquiet Junto & Instagr/am/bient is 50 listens shy of 13,000 (in just 13 days). #
- Disquiet Junto volunteer translators just got the next project so they can translate the text. If you’re up to help translate, let me know. #
- RIP, Haitian vodou drummer Frisner Augustin (b. 1948). http://t.co/QgyZT5jz #
- Miami TV geography: residences = Dexter, freeways = CSI, pedestrian malls = Burn Notice. The waterways are filmic, Miami Vice specifically. #
- Talk about horse power, the Kawasaki motorcycle idling next to us sounds like the Lone Ranger theme. #
- 1937 short wave receiver from the Wolfsonian. #miamibeach http://t.co/S120cFZn #
- Entry sticker from the Wolfsonian. #miamibeach http://t.co/euArz3Jj #
- For the record, I love the Wolfsonian Museum in Miami Beach. #
- Constraint breeds constraint. @hecanjog: I ended up using a self-imposed restraint: oldest track w/ least comments & plays I could find! #
- Plans are coming together for a live Disquiet Junto show in Chicago on April 19. #
- The death rattle of dry palm fronds. #561 http://t.co/BQ9VVjLg #
- The names of nature preserves in Florida sound like William Faulkner theme parks. #
- My kid was overtired after the flight. I sang a lullaby so slow, my heartbeat interrupted held notes like LP dust cycling under a needle. #
- Wonderful to see folk commenting on @otolythe‘s interview with me about Disquiet sound/music projects: http://t.co/5CevNhcI (see bottom) #
- Anything sound-art-ish going on in galleries in/near Miami right now? Looks like I’m going to be there much of the coming week. #
- Great comment by @GuyBirkin regarding Junto 10 and the irony of “overchoice” in a system dedicated to “constraint”: http://t.co/jJaWnuw7 #
5 Most Recent Comments
Jose: "Marc, holy smokes. I just realized you did a write up on this. My deepest and most sincere gratitudes and..."
jimmy kipple sound: "but but but what was the song? "
Mia Zabelka: "Thank you for the review. Thank you for the review! "
Rutger Zuydervelt: "Hi. Thanks for the review. Just a small thing, but memo’s piece is called..."
Aniket Roy: "Really very thoughtful. Sounds fun and worth a try at least. "
5 Most Recent Posts
Current Activities• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project. • November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com). • December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come. • December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com. • January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto. • Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto. • My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0296 / Clustered Primes / Make music inspired by a prime-number query initiated by novelist Robin Sloan. • 0295 / Disregard Echoes / Make music inspired by a haiku, reflecting on Australian history. • 0294 / Offline Status / Pay tribute to the late Bassel Khartabil by turning his spoken words into music. • 0293 / Emerge/Immerse / Make music for Paige Dansinger's Palmyra 3D/VR images, paying tribute to the late Bassel Khartabil. • 0292 / Eclipse Music / In coordination with St. Louis Art Hack Day, make some solar-inspired tunes.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice