- My favorite sign in the Haight. http://t.co/ZwT2U63Z ->
- Afternoon score: sleeping toddler's breathing, light rain hitting car, nearby traffic, passing plane. ->
- Woke to 19 tracks, 4 from 1st-timers, in @djunto 53 (ice music). Nice to think it's part of folks' 2013 resolutions: https://t.co/cT1yi384 ->
- Waking in Sacramento: hotel HVAC drone, housekeeping politely tapping on doors, the zing of card-key fails. ->
- Indeed. She went to town on it. RT @_muncky: My other @djunto standout from this week's work: http://t.co/ml0Mlicw ->
- Recorded this morning: "Mecha-Organic Drum Machine": http://t.co/HPR4qdoA ->
- We'll see. Often difficult to isolate the sound. Hear a tree, record a forest. RT @jaybuls: @disquiet Are you going to do more like that? ->
- If you use SoundCloud, this is where you can set your default license http://t.co/GCu7uY2b — say, to allow for derivative works. ->
- The 54th @djunto project will be #audiotextual. It just went to the translators. If you wanna help out, lemme know. ->
- At Chinese restaurant for lunch you discover your favorite new music. Except it's a Hong Kong soap-opera score playing on a glitchy TV. ->
- Imbue. That's the word. ->
- Yesterday you stopped in an alley to take a photo & record sound. The next day it's been listened to almost 100 times. https://t.co/4I9xQTST ->
- 6 hours left in 1st @djunto project of new year: music from sound of ice in glass. Already 1.5 hours from 32 musicians https://t.co/cT1yi384 ->
- Been digging Instagram but the anthropomorphic ferocity of this alley wiring is best served by Flickr: http://t.co/f37xgVgA ->
- One fewer hassles: If scheduled posts on your WordPress(.org) site delete SoundCloud/YouTube embed players, use plugin or URL ->
- Cinnamon and cayenne go together so well, you have to wonder if they were once a single thing and it's our job, eons later, to reunite them. ->
- Even more pissed off at Daniel Asia for his attack on wind chimes than for his attack on John Cage. ->
- Tuesday noon siren in San Francisco while selecting image of human ear to accompany set I made of field recordings: https://t.co/rYserU42 ->
- OK audio of San Francisco at noon on a Tuesday: https://t.co/78s1F1IZ RT @GuyBirkin: @disquiet I'd love to hear the sound of that noon siren ->
- Any Firefly Ã¼ber-fans out there? When they filmed "Objects in Space," did they know it'd be the final episode? ->
- Welcome to San Francisco. RT @iamseams: Look what I found @disquiet! http://t.co/MY6hYmys ->
- Dear iCloud: Yes my storage is almost full. No you aren't making cleaning it out simple let alone magical. You don't complete me. Love, Marc ->
- Dear little Sacramento drainpipe, over 200 listens so far to your industrial/hip-hop beat-craft: https://t.co/4I9xQTST ->
- Croatian, German, Japanese, and Turkish translations are in for the 54th weekly @djunto project. The theme: #audiotextual. ->
- The street construction in front of the house is insane. I'd record the sound but the sound is a small part. It's the full-on vibration. ->
- "Average mileage based on Wolfram Alpha data." Just saw this in a TV commercial for a car. ->
- Very cool. Thanks. MT @christianbok: a search engine for sounds—(RT @kg_ubu, @inciteout, @noisehelp)—(for @disquiet): http://t.co/O5B0GwoA ->
- And after more than four years with the microwave, I discover it has a mute button. ->
- The @333books site moved. Here's the interview with me talking about early-stage work on Aphex Twin book I'm writing: http://t.co/CySiMWgb ->
- An "LEDscape" of 1,200 bulbs in Lisbon: http://t.co/TUJDzYRK Would love to know what such a concentration sounds like. ->
- Excited to announce that Michel Banabila (@banabila) developed a @djunto project that will begin on January 31. ->
- The 54th @djunto project will be in 8 languages: English + Afrikaans, Croatian, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, Turkish. ->
- I signed up for a @bandcamp "fans" page. I'm at /disquiet there —Â that is, http://t.co/EmJS4lPM. ->
- 54th @djunto project, making a score for the news, has gone to the email list and is at http://t.co/XdREURGZ + http://t.co/JuLaNRdG ->
- Fan pages on @bandcamp don't show albums for which one gets a promo code or bought by other means, like at concert or through other retailer ->
- Just added the French version of the instructions to the current @djunto project. That makes 9 languages total: http://t.co/JuLaNRdG ->
- I wrote about a Bandcamp release for first time on Feb 16, 2009: http://t.co/z4A9bxnf. The musician is now on the San Antonio City Council. ->
- A song by the Who played at the end of Person of Interest tonight. It made it feel like a CSI crossover episode. ->
- The iOS app Samplr now has background audio support. The better to read to. ->
- The new Destiny's Child even more of a disappointment than recent Missy Elliott. I expected more of the backing track: http://t.co/N4bpt43z ->
- Top 10 countries listening to my SoundCloud account: U.S. Germany. U.K. Canada. France. Romania. Italy. Netherlands. Belgium. Japan. ->
- "Witty Independent Buddy Comedies," "Exciting Family Feature Animation," "Sports Movies" —Â Netflix, I thought you grokked me. ->
- Back in summer camp a kid wrote a great short story titled "Death by Carbonation." If I have one more glass of seltzer, I may experience it. ->
5 Most Recent Comments
Ricardo Talaia: "Hi Marc, Very interesting podcast and selection… And great timeline comments about each..."
jdc: "Robert Fripp Live at The Kitchen was released on three vinyl LPs. I know because I bought it used in NJ in..."
Michael Fitzgerald: "Hi Marc, really enjoyed the first Disquietude podcast, and looking forward to the next one...."
Jimmy Kipple Sound: "thanks for this Marc! for the record, & in the spirit of full spectrum domination and..."
Brenda: "This 1970 Synthesizer sounds better to me as compared to all the latest Synthesizers. "
5 Most Recent Posts
Current Activities• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project. • November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com). • December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come. • December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com. • January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto. • Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto. • My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0281 / Pattern Interruption / Create a pattern, loop it, and intersperse alterations. • 0280 / 20170514 / Celebrate the 70th birthday of a Junto member. • 0279 / Word Interiorities / Dissect the sonic properties of a single spoken word. • 0278 / MacConnel’s Jingle / Interpret a work of contemporary art as a graphically notated score. • 0277 / Chew Concrète / Make music inspired by C. Reider's Chew Cinders album procedures.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice