- Starting 15 days off in a row — reading, writing, exercising, socializing, and headed to L.A. for a spell: Mexican food & art galleries. #
- Weather forecast for Saturday night looks free of rain, perfect for Unsilent Night. Would it be wrong to bring along a Buddha Machine? #
- To follow up reacquainting myself with Son of Bazerk's 1991 debut album, now playing Basehead's 1991 debut album, 'Play with Toys' (Emigre). #
- Monolake's new album, Silence, is the subject of our latest MP3 Discussion Group: http://is.gd/5pqWO #
- Looks like Improvised Music from Japan 2009 (3 CDs) is shipping in a few days: http://is.gd/5oAYi #
- Wow — it was 13 years ago today (December 13) that I purchased the URL Disquiet.com, and shortly thereafter launched the site. #
- One of my fave records from college, Nicolas Collins' Devil's Music, now on CD with software that lets you emulate his live-sampling genius. #
- Updated iPhone app Trope by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers reportedly includes "improved 'Listen Mode.'" Update hit two days ago, Dec. 10. #
- â™« Saturday morning listening: a half-hour live improvisation by Lance Grabmiller: http://is.gd/5l8GR A slowly blossoming tone. #
5 Most Recent Comments
Ricardo Talaia: "Hi Marc, Very interesting podcast and selection… And great timeline comments about each..."
jdc: "Robert Fripp Live at The Kitchen was released on three vinyl LPs. I know because I bought it used in NJ in..."
Michael Fitzgerald: "Hi Marc, really enjoyed the first Disquietude podcast, and looking forward to the next one...."
Jimmy Kipple Sound: "thanks for this Marc! for the record, & in the spirit of full spectrum domination and..."
Brenda: "This 1970 Synthesizer sounds better to me as compared to all the latest Synthesizers. "
5 Most Recent Posts
Current Activities• October 13, 2016: This day marks the start of the 250th weekly Disquiet Junto project. • November 16, 2016: I'll be sharing the mic at Adobe Books in San Francisco with my fellow 33 1/3 author Evie Nagy for an evening hosted, from 7pm to 10pm, by Marc Kate (facebook.com). • December 1, 2016: A likely speaking engagement. Details to come. • December 13, 2016: This day marks the 20th anniversary of Disquiet.com. • January 5, 2017: This day marks the 5th anniversary of the Disquiet Junto. • Ongoing: The Disquiet Junto series of weekly communal music projects explore constraints as a springboard for creativity and productivity. There is a new project each Thursday afternoon (California time), and it is due the following Monday at 11:59pm: disquiet.com/junto. • My book on Aphex Twin's landmark 1994 album, Selected Ambient Works Vol. II, published as part of the 33 1/3 series, an imprint of Bloomsbury, is now in its second printing. It can be purchased at amazon.com, among other places.
disquiet juntoThe Disquiet Junto is an ongoing weekly collaborative music-making space in which restraints are used as a springboard for creativity. Subscribe to the announcement list at tinyletter.com/disquiet-junto. There is an FAQ. ... These are the 5 most recent weekly projects: • 0281 / Pattern Interruption / Create a pattern, loop it, and intersperse alterations. • 0280 / 20170514 / Celebrate the 70th birthday of a Junto member. • 0279 / Word Interiorities / Dissect the sonic properties of a single spoken word. • 0278 / MacConnel’s Jingle / Interpret a work of contemporary art as a graphically notated score. • 0277 / Chew Concrète / Make music inspired by C. Reider's Chew Cinders album procedures.
... And there is a complete list of projects at disquiet.com/junto.
Tags8-bit app audio-games brands of sounds chiptune classical comics copyleft field-recording film forum-digger free free download gadget generative i-hop IFTTTgram installation ios ipad iphone ipod ipod touch junto listening to yesterday live-performance modular netlabel noise recommended stream remix rock saw2for33third science-fiction score site-maintenance software sound-art sounds-of-brands this week in sound turntablism TV video video-games voice